Sunday Sit-down is a weekly recap post inspired by the Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
This past week marks me officially returning to the world of book blogging! I am so happy to be back and looking forward to catching up on my old favorite blogs and finding some new blogs to follow. It’s been an interesting week, to say the least. I thought I was going to be able to come in and hit the ground running as if everything was frozen in time from over 2 years ago when I last blogged. Boy, oh, boy was I wrong. (Silly, Christine)
- Twitter used to be a huge way for me to keep track of all my bookish friends. It’s insane how different Twitter in general is. There’s so many ads and junk cluttering up the feed like advertising people to follow, what you missed, etc etc. And what happened to sharing links?! Now instead of the link staying intact, twitter automatically changes the link to a picture and preview of the website? I don’t like that all. I liked when Twitter had 170 character limits so all the tweet boxes were roughly the same size, links were distinguishable, and pictures you had to click on to see the whole thing. This new version is killing my OCD, y’all. (If you know how to get rid of website previews, I’d love to know. I’ve tried googling to no avail)
- Bloglovin‘s platform is completely different too. Back in the day when it first started, there was this wonderful right-hand sidebar with a list of all the blogs you followed. You could have a favorite list and a general list. It would also show you how many new posts each site had. It made it super convenient to keep up with all my favorite blogs and made commenting on them a breeze. I didn’t have to remember 100s of URLs and could pick and choose what posts I wanted to go see. Now it’s a big cluttered mess too apparently. It reminds me a lot of Pinterest, and I’ll be honest, I’m one of the rare girls who do not like Pinterest. Again, OCD issues!
- I’ve discovered Feedly (thank you, Jamie!) and I love the layout. It’s how Bloglovin’ sort of used to be but is even better! I have my nice organized sidebar of blogs. I can see how many new posts each one has. I can click on what post I’d like to read. It’s marvelous!
- Back to Twitter again. The blogging community on twitter back in my heyday was great. People posted about books all the time, sharing all the book and blog related things, and other interesting tidbits like tv, movies, etc. Now it appears the book side of the community has taken a backburner to politics. Now, don’t get me wrong please. I know there are a lot of great accounts out there that are not going all political. It just seems like it’s a huge focus on my feed. I know there are a lot of unhappy people in this country right now and I get that, but I’m just here for the fandoms tbh. I used to cherish this community because it was my little escape from the outside world. We had this wonderful bubble that I so enjoyed being a part of. It’s one of the huge reasons I never shared my blog with my IRL friends. I like the separateness and if facebook was irritating me, I had my book friends to escape to. I probably made a lot of people mad just now but I don’t mean it negatively against anyone. I just like to keep my book world separate, I guess.
I’m looking for blogs to follow so please share with me yours in the comment section! If you’ve got a twitter account, share that too!
Last Week on the Blog
- [20 Jun] Hi, I’m Christine
- [22 Jun] The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Sunday Sit-down [6-25-17]
- Confessions of a Book Blog: Then vs Now — Tuesday, 6/27
- Review & Giveaway: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen — Thursday, 6/29
If you have a Sunday recap post let me know so I can come visit! See you guys next week!