Sunday Sit-down is a new feature I’m going to try my very best to keep up with. Each Sunday I’ll make a little post updating you on anything interesting that happened to me in the last week outside of the book blogging world, things I’ve gotten in the mail, things that have posted on The Bookish Daydreamer in the last week, and possible things that may go up the next week. This is inspired by Natalie at Natflix & Book’s Weekly Rewind posts. I figure this a great way for you guys to see everything you might have missed over the last week and will be like a Stacking the Shelves thing too! I’d love to hear what’s been going on in your week and if you have a post kind of like this, be sure to send me the link so I can visit!
I’ve been slacking with my blogging, again. I swear I get into a huge YAY BLOGGING mood where I write all the posts, I comment on all the blogs, I do all the blogging things. And then it’s like wham, blogging slump. It’s not that I don’t want to blog, I just don’t. I think one of the reasons for this most recent slump is because I’ve been reading a book for two weeks. And when it takes me that long to read a book, I get into a reading slump. That causes me to have no desire to do blogging things. It’s a vicious cycle. BUT, I have finally finished that book and have moved on to a new shiny book that I’m sprinting through. And thus returns my love for blogging! See how this works? So be expecting posts next week!
Here’s some books that I have gotten in the mail the last week. A big thank you to Jess from Book Rook Reviews, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, and Merit Press!
- Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott
- Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills
- How We Fall by Kate Brauning
And since I pre-ordered Beware the Wild, I got this super cool swag pack from the author including bookmarks, a bookplate, magnet, and bumper sticker! Thanks Natalie!
Because I haven’t done a Sunday Sit-down in a couple of weeks and it just so happens to be the end of the month, I’ll do a monthly wrap-up instead of my weekly one. This way you’ll see everything I’ve posted this month, in case you missed something. (:
- [1 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday (35): For Real by Alison Cherry
- [2 Oct] That Time I Went to a One Direction Concert
- [3 Oct] The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud ★★★★½
- [5 Oct] Sunday Sit-down (10-5-14)
- [6 Oct] Free to Fall by Lauren Miller ★★★★★
- [8 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday (36): Save Me
- [17 Oct] Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker ★★★★
- [21 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: New(ish) Series I Want to Start
- [22 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday (37): The Retribution of Mara Dyer
- [29 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday (38): A Thousand Pieces of You
- [30 Oct] The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin ★★★★★
- [31 Oct] Happy Halloween 2014!
Hope you all have had a wonderful week and great weekend! I’m sad to see October go. It’s my favorite month of the year but it didn’t even feel like it was October this year. The weather has been consistently in the upper 80’s and the leaves just started changing a couple of days ago. Usually the trees are all pretty colors and it’s boot weather at this point. *le sigh* Here’s hoping we don’t go from an extended summer straight to a freezing winter. I like the middle ground!
Have anything interest happen to you lately? Any new posts I may want to see on your blog? Leave me a comment and links! I’ll get back to you shortly! 🙂