You guys! Itara at My Midnight Fantasies nominated me for the Liebster Award! I was a bit surprised, to be completely honest.
This award is given to new blogs–those with less than 200 followers–worth reading. Thank you Itara!
Recipient of this award must:
1. List 11 random facts about you.
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you by the blogger that nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other blogs for this award and link to their blogs.
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions once they accept the award.
(You are not obligated to participate, but if you do then great.)
So here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me
- For Christmas when I was 5 years old, I got a pet guinea pig. I thought boys were ick and just knew that Santa would never give me a male guinea pig. That being said, I assumed it was a girl and named her Ashley. 6 years later when she died, I found out that she was actually a him. My uncle knew this since day one and always referred to Ashley as “Shim.” I never understood why. Let’s just say: good thing Ashley can be a unisex name!
- When there is nothing on tv at night, I love to watch QVC and laugh at how silly the hosts are. Have you ever just sat there and watched before? The makeup segments are the best! The host will stand there and rub blush on her hand for 45 minutes straight!
- I love baseball and usually have THE WORST baseball tan line this time of year. Shoulders, tan. One arm, tan. Front thighs, tan. Shins, white. Other arm, white. Back of the legs, white. It’s just the best you guys. Thank you narrow aisles between rows and strange field placement in relation to the setting sun!
- My clothes are usually covered in blonde dog hair. Sadly, I’ve gotten used to it and barely notice.
- I only eat bananas after I’ve recently seen someone else eat one. Otherwise, they’re gross and I don’t crave them.
- Mexican is my favorite type of food.
- I’m probably one of only a handful of people who have ever had Mono more than once. I’ve had it 4 times. And no, I didn’t get it from kissing someone!
- I used to want to be an archaeologist. I’ve always loved digging in the dirt and finding cool rocks and such. I worried that most of the ancient world has already been discovered or would be by the time I graduated college, so I didn’t pursue it.
- I’ve wanted a metal detector since I was 7. I finally got one for my birthday this past year. I’m 21 and couldn’t have been more excited. Hidden beach jewelry, be prepared to be dug up!
- I love meeting new people, especially in the blogosphere. I’m much more social on the interwebz. I’m super shy when I meet someone for the first time in real life.
- When I moved into my apartment, I needed wall art. My grandpa had this old owl painting that didn’t fit in with my grandmother’s new decor after they moved into their new house. I told him I would take it–my walls were so bare! Now my grandmother is convinced that I LOOOVE owls. Since then she has given me: an owl welcome mat, a life size metal owl sign for my wall, an owl lamp, an owl nightlight, an owl stuffed animal for my bed, an owl stuffed toy for my dog, and FOUR owl coffee mugs (which I will admit are pretty cute). Did I forget something? Probably.
Anything Young Adult! I’ve tried to read adult fiction before but I just couldn’t get into it. I love the drama, relationships, etc of YA. Plus, there is nothing better than a kick ass teenager who is absolutely determined to take on the world in a YA dystopian.
I like characters that are believable and go through the same things that do/can happen to teenagers/young adults in real life. Some of my favorite sub-genres in YA are sci-fi, fantasy, futuristic, and dystopain. So obviously they won’t be in situations that happen in real life, but the characters have to be believable and relatable.
Oh man, tough question! I recently read and reviewed MAID OF SECRETS by Jennifer McGowan and thought that Meg was an awesome character. Although I wouldn’t want to be a rogue thief traveling with an acting troupe or kidnapped, I do think it would be so freaking cool to be a secret spy for a queen. If I could date anybody, it would definitely have to be Four from the DIVERGENT series. Hello, strong and sensitive hottie!
WAY too many to count! I wish Goodreads had launched before it did. I wish I had known about Goodreads a long time ago. There’s so many books I read years ago that I don’t even remember.
Girl, you just love these tough questions! 🙂 Right now? The DIVERGENT series.
Sarah Dessen! She is the first author I have ever read each and every single one of her books. I became a fan since day one. I love how each of her books are completely different but all have that same “Sarah Dessen” feel to them. All so relatable, all so very real and raw. After the initial shock of being able to spend the day with her, I would go eat with her at Peccadillo in Carrboro, play with her daughter and her princess toys, then watch endless episodes of the Real Housewives while eating potato chips and drinking wine. No, I’m not a huge fan and know all these things about her!
The past. I would love to travel to ancient Egypt. I’m so fascinated by their history, the hieroglyphs the art, the makeup, the Egyptian gods, everything. Random fact: I have the Egyptian symbol of life, the Ankh, tattooed on the inside of my wrist. It looks like it’s carved into my skin like it would be on a wall or tomb 🙂
Swimming with dolphins in Atlantis!
When I went away to college, my mom boxed up THREE big boxes of books I had collected since we moved into that house. Here in my apartment: at least 30 physical and probably 40 ebooks. Physical are my favorite though and that collection is about to increase with all these new releases once my summer job starts back up!
I’ll get back to you on this one. Right now, my dream and hope is to get into physical therapy school and one day work for a specific sports team. After that, I’ll let the pieces fall as they may 🙂
Team Edward in the book. Team Jacob in the movie. I’ll let y’all figure it out from there 😉
My Nominees – These were some of my very first followers!
And now I ask you, dear friends, is there a new book blog, with less than 200 followers, that I haven’t stumbled across yet? I’m always excited to come across new blogs! If you know of a couple of great ones, please let me know! I’d love to follow them and if I like their blog, nominate them 🙂
Questions for My Nominees
1. Favorite vacation spot and why?
2. Is there a book that you’ve recently read that you would love to reread?
3. What’s one thing you wish you knew about book blogging before you started?
4. Favorite late night snack?
5. What made you want to start book blogging in the first place?
6. If you’re a coffee drinker, what do you order at Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop. If you’re not a coffee fan, favorite tea?
7. What genre are most of your books on your bookshelf/e-reader?
8. Ninjas or Pirates?
9. Do you have a favorite meme you participate in?
10. You’re stuck in an elevator. What author would you want to be stuck with and why?
11. Besides book blogging, what’s another hobby of yours?