Hi guys! This year I thought I’d hop on the #ARCAugust readathon train hosted by Read Sleep Repeat! Basically this is a fun way to commit yourself to reading as many ARCs you have lying around as possible during the month of August.
Since I’m just now getting back into blogging again I don’t have all that many past due ARCs (unless you want to count all the ones from 2013-2015 I shamefully never got to 😕 ) so the ones I’ll be trying to start and finish this month are all coming out sometime this fall.
So without further ado, I present to you my ARC August picks!
- Wicked like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic – Magically gifted sisters must uncover the truth behind their family’s history and abilities. I’m starting this one first. I love magical stories especially with dark curses that need to be fixed/broken.
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – Two boys find out they have one day left to live and go on one last adventure. I have a feeling this one is going to be a tear jerker. I’ll definitely have to make sure I’m not somewhere public reading this haha.
- The Grave Keepers by Elizabeth Byrne – A girl’s family lives on a cemetery. I honestly have no idea what the plot is saying but it sounds like there’s ghosts and mysterious boys and something to do with keeping your grave. I have no idea but it sounds so unique I just couldn’t help myself from downloading this one. Also, hello it’s totally Halloweeny and I’m here for it, even if it is August.
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin – A guy leads a crew to go back in time and steal valuables from the past to sell illegally. This one sounds so good I seriously can’t wait. I love time travel novels and the fact this kid is stealing valuables from very important dates and places in history just makes it even more delicious sounding.
- Top Ten by Katie Cotugno – An opposites attract duo make a list of their top 10 favorite moments together leading up to their high school graduation. This one just sounds super cute, okay? It sounds like a total summer read and even though it’s not set out to release until October, I’m going to enjoy it while it’s still 98 degrees outside and sunny until 8:45 pm!
- City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson – A girl’s mother is shot to death and four years later she’s back in the home where her mother was killed, ready for revenge. Okay so this one came out in January of this year and I got the ARC sometime back before then but that was during my reading slump/hiatus so I never actually got a chance to read it (I’m sorry Penguin!). Hopefully, I can find it and finally read it.
I know this isn’t a huge list but I’m going on a super exciting adventure/vacation across the country for 8 days with one of my good friends, and I doubt I’ll have much time for reading. I think 6 is about the most I’ll have time to do this month but if I end up reading faster than I think I will, I’ll dig through my old archive of ARCs and update this post at that time! Below is a concise list of my pile that I’ll check off and link to my reviews when I complete them.
For a full list of all the blogs participating in ARC August, go check out Read Sleep Repeat’s sign-up post! If you’re participating, leave your link down below so I can come see what you’ve got planned for the month and to cheer you on! 🙂
Happy reading, everyone!
Christine’s ARC August TBR Pile
- Wicked like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- The Grave Keepers by Elizabeth Byrne
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin
Top Ten by Katie Cotugno
- City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson