So as some of you may have noticed, I’ve been pretty absent from the blog and twitter lately. I’ve been applying for jobs for months now and never heard anything back until two weeks ago. As soon as I got the call about an interview, my life kind of spun out of control quickly. I interviewed the next day, filled out paperwork two days later, went in for online training the day after that, and then started immediately the next day. Since then, I’ve had little time to do anything else.
Because this is a seasonal job, my hours are all over the place due to the high demand of employees being present. Our store is open an hour earlier and later each day and since it is in one of the biggest shopping plazas in the area, the store is packed nonstop. I typically work 7-8 hours a day and at such weird times that I’m not able to get on the internet often.
I’ve been so overwhelmed with trying to learn a new job and not screw things up and trying to finish up all my Christmas shopping that reading hasn’t exactly been the first thing on my mind. And I absolutely hate that but it’s all about time management, right?
As the title mentions, this post is a little update on life. You got the update on work. Now it’s time for the update on reading and what’s coming up on the blog. Typically, when doing a reading update, I post a “The Thursday Update.” Well, I didn’t have time to do this last week and feel like I should clue you guys in on what’s going on, so we’ll make this week a “The
Thursday Monday Update” 🙂
- No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale: I’m about 35% through this and am sort of meh about it thus far. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to dismiss some of my issues once the meat of the plot kicks in.
- Tuesday, 12-17: review of Being Sloane Jacobs. I read this book over a month ago and loved it!! It’s been so hard waiting to share my thoughts with you guys
- Wednesday, 12-18: Waiting on Wednesday!
- Saturday, 12-21: Samantha Sutton and the Winter of the Warrior Queen blog tour. I’ll be reviewing the book and the author is stopping by to share his most exciting archaeological dig
- Sunday, 12-22: Stacking the Shelves (since I have a tour stop on Saturday this will have to go up Sunday)
- Thursday, 12-19: review of No One Else Can Have You
- Friday, 12-20: possible review of Defy. If not, it’ll be up next Monday